I'm excited to start offering postpartum doula care to Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Surrounding East Tennessee areas!
WHAT IS A POSTPARTUM DOULA?
Postpartum doulas help the parents of new infants adjust and grow into a new phase in their family’s life. I provide insight and support regarding the physical and psychological nuances of the postpartum period, offer an extra set of hands to help you adjust to a demanding new schedule, and give hands-on, infant- and mama-care training.
Here are more examples of all the different kinds of help a postpartum doula can provide:
- Breastfeeding help
- Help understanding baby cues
- Diapering and baby care
- Help with older children while parents bond with new baby
- Light housekeeping assistance
- Meal preparation
- Running Errands
- Resources and referrals
- Non-judgmental family support
- Screening for postpartum mood disorders
- Infant sleep solutions
- Care for baby when parents want to shower, nap, or spend some special time with older child(ren)
- Hands-on education for infant and mama care
- Babywearing assistance
- Caring for mama as she recovers from birth
- Processing the birth experience
- Soothing Baby and education on infant soothing techniques
This list is by no means exhaustive!
You can schedule your postpartum doula care for small chunks of time (starting at 3 hours) or for larger blocks -- 8+ hours.
NEED NIGHTTIME HELP?
A postpartum doula's got you covered!
Overnight services consist of an 8-10 hour shift (minimum) where I am a listening ear for you to share needs, requests, and concerns from the days prior. I assist with the baby’s final feeding, changing and dressing before bed. If you so choose, I will gladly soothe the child to sleep so you can take advantage of some much needed uninterrupted sleep. If you would like, I will stay in the baby's room with him/her during the night and bring him/her to you for feedings if you are breastfeeding (and then take baby back to his/her room to soothe to sleep) or I can bottle feed for you if you are bottle feeding.